NAVHDA International

July training day?

Bird dog training Q & A. Ask a question, or offer some sage advise. All things training go here.

July training day?

Postby Doug on Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:47 pm

Hello,

New to the forum and club (still need to register) Got a Wirehaired Griffon in June and need to do some bird traing. Wanting to know when your next training will be and where?

thanks
Doug
Doug

Re: July training day?

Postby gsphunter on Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:05 am

Doug,

Our next training day will be held at Busch Wildlife on July 18. We will be meeting at Lake 11.
gsphunter

Postby Doug on Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:23 pm

thanks

Bummer, it's the fiance's bday not sure if I'll be able to make it. What will be the focus of this training day upland hunting or retrieving? How late do you guys usually go assuming you start in the morning. My guy is 15 weeks not the best obedience trained, but I'm working on it. Retrieves to hand pretty good and loves water. I just haven't been able to get him on any birds yet and haven't found any to buy. Do you have any suggestions on a place to get birds? I'm in Belleville, IL 15 miles east of downtown St Louis.
Doug

Postby Erric on Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:46 am

I get mine near Columbia, MO so that's a bit of a drive for you. If you don't get a response here there are a bunch of guys that frequent the Gundogforum.com website from Illinois. They'd probably be able to point you in the right direction if you post there.
Erric

Postby Eric646 on Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:42 pm

The training schedule says July 14th. Is the schedule correct and the above date a typo?
Eric646

Return to Training